Best Recumbent Bikes for Seniors in 2018: Top 5 Models Reviewed!
- 1 Top 5 Recumbent Bikes for Seniors
- 2 5 Best Recumbent Bikes for Seniors in 2018
- 2.1 1. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
- 2.2 2. PROGEAR 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike
- 2.3 3. Pedal Exerciser by Vive
- 2.4 4. Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 2.5 5. Health Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
- 3 How To Buy a Recumbent Bike for Seniors
- 4 Our Final Review of the Top Recumbent Bike for Seniors
A recumbent exercise bike is known for its ability to ease the hassle of riding a standard bike. You gain all the benefits of exercise from a bike, but are now able to use this equipment in many ways.
The best recumbent bike for seniors can be one the best pieces of equipment because of how useful it is for people of all ages and strengths.
Especially for seniors who would like to stay active, recumbent bikes offer a unique set of exercises that can help increase mobility, strength, and reflexes.
Throughout this guide we’ve curated the top rated recumbent bikes for seniors. Now you'll spend more time exercising, instead of doing research!
A recumbent bike is a perfect addition to your home gym space because of how easy it is to use. For those who want to increase their mobility or their overall muscle strength, you won’t have a problem getting on the bike for a few minutes.
You can easily step onto the equipment and start exercising. You don’t have to mess with buttons or settings to get in a quick workout everyday. All you have to worry about is finding a bike that fits into your lifestyle and works for you.
It’s a huge misconception that there isn’t a market for seniors in the exercise community. There are tons of additions to your home gym that are aimed to make your experience better as a senior who’s aiming to be healthy.
Whatever bike you choose, remember to make sure that you’re choosing something that will work the best for you.
Top 5 Recumbent Bikes for Seniors
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709
PROGEAR 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike
Pedal Exerciser by Vive
Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Bike Exercise Bike
Health Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike
5 Best Recumbent Bikes for Seniors in 2018
The Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709 is one of the highest rated bikes you can find on the market.
With heavy duty construction this bike will allow you to push it to the limits. There have been no reports of wobbling or feeling like the bike was unstable. It’s strong and offers 14-gauge steel tubing with a powerful powder coating.
Also offering a step through design, you won’t have to struggle with getting on and off the bike.
Featuring an ultra functional LCD screen, perfect for those who can’t see small text, this bike has it all. The screen on this bike has been touted as one of the best in all recumbent bikes because of how easy it is to use and read.
Everything is extremely simple, anyone can use the system. This piece of equipment also comes with weighted pedals so not only will you push your workout further, you’ll also have added stability for your joints and ankles while working out on this equipment.
You’ll notice right away that this bike is one of the most well rounded options on the market.
- Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is easier on the knees and back.
- This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level!
- The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam. It features contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- Weighted pedals designed to provide maximum foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
The PROGEAR 555LXT Magnetic Tension Recumbent Bike offers the biggest range in tension and exercise abilities.
When you choose this bike, you’ll notice right away how many options there are for resistance and your personalized workout routine.
If you’re someone who wants a simple design and easy to use addition to your home gym, this is the option for you.
If you want an easy and safe to use piece of equipment that’s been a fan favorite for years, you’ll be satisfied with this product.
Not only does this bike have an easy step through design for those who aren’t able to lift their leg over a bar, but you’ll also find that the personalized tension and resistance will greatly increase your motivation to use this investment.
Minimal features will leave you with a simple tool that will help you jumpstart your health.
Don’t settle for anything less when looking for a recumbent bike for seniors.
- 250 lbs weight capacity. User height range of 5'0 to 6'3".
- "Step Thru" Design allows easy mounting and dismounting of the bike, you won’t have to worry about stepping over any bars or obstacles.
- 14 levels of smooth Magnetic Tension resistance to make it easy for you to change up your workout style.
- 3 Computer goal workout settings of distance, time and calories burned to keep you motivated during your workout routine.
The Pedal Exerciser By Vive switches it up a bit. This modified equipment makes it easy for you to exercise anywhere at any time.
Not only does this tool of health work as soon as you strap in, this Pedal Exerciser is an option that will allow you to use it while sitting in any chair you feel most comfortable in.
There is also an added LCD screen so you can easily keep track of your miles, calories, and time. Which is quite surprising since this isn’t a standard recumbent bike.
There are many other features when it comes to this product. The compact and portable design, adjustable resistance levels that can easily be changed with the tension knob, and more.
Don’t worry, just sit back and start working out with the ease of this machine. For those of any age this is a great choice.
Each rotation you make you’ll be one step closer to bettering your health.
- Compact pedal exerciser can be used to strengthen arms and legs, increasing circulation, improving stamina and relieving tension for greater focus and concentration. Quiet and smooth pedal operation allows the Vive Pedal Exerciser to be used in the office as well as at home. Use while on your phone, watching tv, or playing video games to include beneficial exercise in your day.
- Compact design is 12.5” high, easily fitting under a desk or similar space. Non-slip, non-marking feet ensure the pedal exerciser stays in place on any surface, including any tabletop, carpet or hard floor surfaces. The low profile design keeps the pedal exerciser from wobbling and sliding while in use. Each pedal also has a nonslip surface with molded finger grips and adjustable toe loops for added comfort and safety.
- A large, easy to read LCD screen displays RPM, time, speed, distance and calories burned with the touch of a button that is easily accessible while in use.
- Easily adjust the resistance level with the tension knob for a personalized exercise experience. Great low impact exercise for beginners and perfect for rehabilitation following a surgery or injury.
- 1 year unconditional guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike is one of the most basic models you can choose.
Just because this machine is simple, doesn’t mean it is lacking anything! Some individuals who have bought this product have gone on to praise the creators of this equipment because it doesn’t take up a ton of room in their home gym.
Many have also said that this piece of equipment is perfect for those who are trying to regain strength in their limbs by having physical therapy.
There are a range of uses for this easy to use piece of equipment. You’ll even be getting an arm workout with the movable arm feature! An added feature that will boost your overall workout and will help make you healthier with each movement.
With integrated pulse sensors, you’ll also be able to read your pulse rate so you can track your progress day after day.
- Moveable Handlebars - Includes the arm movements to work synchronously with the legs during the pedal stroke to achieve a full body workout
- Isolate your arm workouts by placing your feet firmly on the floor. Crank up the 8 adjustable gears and feel the higher resistance and intensity as you burn calories and achieve a killer arm workout
- Pulse Sensors - Integrated pulse sensors to read heart beats per minute
- Oversized Seat and Back - The large seat supports the hips and back to ensure correct posture and increase comfort during the workout
- Extended Weight Capacity - The sturdy heavy duty frame can accommodate weights up to 350 lbs, so anyone of any size can use this piece of equipment without an issue.
The Health Fitness Magnetic Recumbent Exercise Bike is last but not least. This bike is specifically made for seniors and highly customizable for any workout experience.
With an adjustable frame this bike will allow you to change the comfort levels and ability to complete intense workouts. This equipment comes with fully adjustable tension, seat, and pedal straps.
You can also adjust the machine to allow a specific distance between the set and the pedals. Everything on this bike works together to create added comfort for you and your routine.
This bike puts comfort at the forefront, so if you decide to purchase you’ll know right away just how comfortable an exercise bike can be. While this is the last option on our list, it is still one of the best options out there on the market if you’re looking for something without a huge price tag.
This bike might be a bit cheaper than all the others, but it’s still an option that will better your health and lifestyle.
A great choice for those who want to test out a piece of equipment like this.
- Fast, reliable magnetic 8-level resistance system
- LCD displays tracks speed, distance, hand pulse, time, and calories burned
- Fully adjustable tension, seat, and pedal straps
- Adjustable frame allows you to customize seat-to-pedal distance
- Dimensions: 46" L x 32" W x 19.5" H
How To Buy a Recumbent Bike for Seniors
When you set out in search for a new piece of equipment that will work with you instead of against you, the features are what will make the equipment stand apart.
You should look to see how easy it is to assemble. Is there is an LCD screen for the ease of tracking stats during your workout? Will you be able to get on and off the equipment safely? These are all things you should ask yourself when you’re looking to buy.
Before you choose to invest in this side of health, it’s important to go over every feature you want. Make sure you have a list in your head so you can mentally go through it as you look at potential choices. Don’t just focus on the price, because if you do that you will end up with something that could have potentially been a waste of time.
Safety should be one of your top concerns. The safety of the equipment will determine how well you are able to fully use it to better your health. When you push your hardest on a piece of equipment, you want it to be strong and stable.
You would never want a piece of equipment to wobble and feel cheap. It’s essential that you’re able to fully push your limits so you can better your health. You can only do this by having a reliable and strong piece of equipment that will last longer than just one intense workout.
There should be stabilizers on the bottom area of the bike to keep it from moving. There should also be proper instructions on how to assemble the product so it will be a breeze for when you receive it. Don’t settle for a cheap bike because of convenience, put your health first.
Having the necessary comfort when you’re working out can be the difference between how long you keep up this healthy routine and giving up.
If you have a comfortable exercise bike, you’ll be left feeling motivated and eager to keep up the routine the next day. If you have an uncomfortable exercise bike you’ll constantly come up with excuses as to why you can’t exercise today.
There are tons of recumbent bikes for seniors if you look hard enough or use guides like this one. You’ll be able to find something out there that will give you the necessary comfort so you can continue to exercise.
Even if you have to spend a little bit more for that comfort, it will be well worth it because of how much use you'll get out of the equipment. Don’t give up the search for comfort, this element will make a world of difference to you and your health.
Easy To Use
As a senior, one of your top priorities should be to find something that is easy to use. By making sure that your purchase has a large screen for tracking stats, easy settings, and is sturdy, you’ll have a solid piece of equipment that will help you and your health.
Try to remember to focus on how easy it is to get in the seat you will be using to sit down in. Whether it’s a chair you already own or the chair that is attached to the equipment.
We understand that you can’t always just test out a product for the easy to use element, but after reading through this guide we hope that you’ve been able to get a good idea of whether or not these are right for you.
Many of these bikes offer a step through system that allows you to easily sit down without having to fit your leg or straddle a seat. For seniors this is a game changer that’s worth the money!
Our Final Review of the Top Recumbent Bike for Seniors
Recumbent Bikes for Seniors don’t have to be hard to come by. There are many options out there that offer a unique experience for those who need a little bit of assistance and ease in their workout routine. This type of bike is the perfect place to start.
If you’re currently looking for the best recumbent bike that works the best with seniors, we will recommend our number one choice, the Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance ME-709.
Not only is the bike sleek in design, it’s one of the easiest options to use on the market currently. With a large LCD screen that you won’t have to squint to read and being able to get on and off quickly and safely, there won’t be any issues purchasing this bike.
When looking to amp up your exercise routine, you shouldn’t feel the need to settle because of price or efficiency. You should be able to purchase an investment toward your health and fitness.
This kind of dedication is the first step you need to take to be able to change course in your lifestyle. When you have a piece of equipment that motivates you to work out, your world will be completely different in every way.
Every piece of exercise equipment is unique, there is always something for everyone. No matter what age you are or level of fitness ability, after reading through this list something should stick out to you and your needs.
No matter what product you decide to go with, make sure that you do your research. Never skim over the fine print!
You should be able to invest in the future of your fitness at any age without any added difficulties or obstacles. Keep that in mind as you go forward in this new direction.